Watsco is a $5B, publicly traded company, and the world’s largest distributor of HVAC and Refrigeration. Our technology teams are revolutionizing the HVAC industry with award winning solutions. To aid in our continued progress, our Supply Chain Technology and Mobile Applications teams needs a DevOps engineer. If you like more of a start-up and Agile environment, are proactive and have great engineering skills – we’d love to speak with you. Come join the revolution.
Mobile DevOps Engineer Role and Responsibilities
The DevOps engineer develops software and software fixes to integrate and maintain internal systems that support the continuous development and integration process. They ensure code quality, test and distribute code updates, and monitor the health and stability of production systems.
- Responsible for the automation of development, testing, and integration of software releases/fixes.
- Assume role of software release manager to make sure software features and defects are distributed and stable across applications servers.
- Continuously monitor production systems to ensure they are healthy and secure.
- Identify changes to infrastructure or applications to maintain optimal system performance.
- Manage day to day operations of the cloud infrastructure
DevOps Engineer Requirements
- 3+ years experience as a DevOps engineer or equivalent software-engineering role
- Expert in maintaining mobile applications and RESTful web services
- Strong software build automation experience, preferably Jenkins.
- Experience in cloud and on-prem network, server, and application-status monitoring.
- Exhibit expertise agile software methodologies.
- DevOps tools like GIT, BitBucket, and GitHub.
- Amazon AWS cloud infrastructure experience.
- Working knowledge of database and SQL.
- Works independently and as part of the team.